Friday 19 August 2011

WILL KITELY BE A COPYBOT PARADISE ?

I’m not against Kitely
I’m not against Open Sim
I’m a supporter of virtual worlds. I love the virtual medium

What I am against is people STEALING CONTENT, riding on my back and hijacking my hard work

I am NOT Opensource
My work is NOT Open source
I can NOT afford to be Open source.
I have a family to feed, mortgage to pay, bills to pay etc 

We have been creating content for Secondlife since 2006. A huge amount of our content has been stolen / copybotted and distributed throughout Open Sim.

Kitely will soon be monetized. Kitely enables users to import .OAR files from Opensim. Kitely is in danger of being flooded with loads of stolen versions of Heart content.

If and when this happens Kitely could be considered to be monetising Heart content as they will be earning revenue from Kitely worlds that contain stolen versions of our work. So if Kitely are earning money from Heart content will they be paying us Royalties?

Here are some screenshots of a Kitely world called Cherry Network. 80% of the plant content is stolen Heart botanicals and there is so much of it, it represents several months work

The owner ( Sally Cherry ) of CherryNetwork - a Kitely World - has her name displayed as creator on our plants and trees. She is not the creator. They are stolen artworks.

I have 100% proof that the plants and trees are mine. The textures are renders of mesh plants which Dolly and I created from scratch.

Take note. We have the 3d Meshes. We have the proof. We ARE the creators.

Screenshots showing stolen/copybot Heart Botanicals
 in Kitely World









I repeat I am NOT against Kitely or any Opensim effort. But it is not acceptable for Opensim grid owners to monetise, promote and support their grids with stolen Heart content when renting virtual world land.

The biggest problem the Opensim community has in gaining traction, is trust and attracting content creators to their worlds. Without content there are no worlds, only empty land. All this cobybotting and theft in Opensim does not attract the content creating community to Opensim, in fact it keeps content creators away.

Sharing is all very well if you AGREE to share. But when you haven’t agreed to share, it’s called stealing.


‘He who holds the ladder is as bad as the thief’
Anglo Saxon proverb