Sunday 24 March 2013

LILITH HEART BACK FROM BAN-CATION !!

Well goodness me ...... I was suspended from Second Life, my account was on hold for 24 hours.

For those who don't know me, I have been in SL since 2006 running a garden centre with Dolly Heart. I'm also one of the caretakers of CCA ( Content Creators Association ). Dolly and I love making plants and trees for Second Life and have always done our best to try to help make Second Life more beautiful.

I've always been one of Second Life's biggest advocates and fans. So having my account suspended and being sent on a 24 hour ban-cation was a puzzling experience.

When I tried to log in Friday night I almost had conniptions when I saw my account was on hold and I couldn't log in. There was just a message telling me to file a support ticket.

I filed a support ticket asking why this was happening as I had not received any emails from Linden Lab informing me about the hold on my account. I still don't know why my account was suspended for 24 hours.

Have I been a bad girl ?
What could I have done ?

I also telephoned support, which didn't go quite as expected but was a strangely calming experience .... I suspect Jedi mind tricks !  "these are not the droids you are looking for" kind of stuff

I got through to a soft spoken gentleman who is obviously a Supreme Master of the word NO.
No he didn't know why my account was on hold, No he didn't know how long the hold would last, No he couldn't put me in contact with the Admin department, No he couldn't talk to the admin department for me.

But he said no in such a calming and tranquil way, I thought if this chap doesn't know what is going on nobody does. So I accepted the suspension with a philosophical frame of mind.

I have been wondering if evil LillithHeart, my Second Life Impersonator has been on the rampage again abusing people and perhaps I was accidentally ARd by people involved in an incident thinking it was me and not noticing the spelling difference in the names. See my previous blog post about evil LillithHeart here...  http://dollyandlilithheart.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/second-life-stalkers-and-psychos.html

Actually, it was an interesting experience having my account suspended. It's the first time I have been prevented from logging in to Second Life in 7 years (barring grid issues). It was interesting because it really focused my attention on how much Second Life .... the world, the people, are part of my real life experience. And being forcibly disconnected from it, not being able to log in as Lilith was jarring but also liberating. I couldn't do anything so Lilith had a day off !! Woooohoooo. First proper day off Lilith's had in 7 years. When I logged in this morning Lilith looked quite refreshed and energised from the short ban-cation :-)

I really, really would like to know what happened. Why was my account put on hold ? If I have done something wrong, please Linden Lab let me know, as I very much value my Second Life experience. It's not a Second Life for me, it's an integral and vital part of my first life.

If there are any Lindens 'in the know' reading this please contact me. When you get in the office Monday please email me, IM me, call me ......
Call me .... Call me the moment you get there :-)